Thursday, June 24, 2010

And, we live in anticipation....

Today was the big day. The day in which we find out if we're having a girl or a boy.

It's been a tough wait. And, the wait continues.

Mike and I ate lunch before our appointment, with plenty of caffeinated beverages to make sure our wiggle butt would wiggle it's little butt.

You see, I've figured out a bit of a pattern with our baby's movement. The sleep/wake patterns that its forming in there.

In the morning, it's Sweatin with the Oldies. In the afternoon, it's Riverdance on the bladder. And, in the evening its Zumba before bed. My baby is really into aerobic health. Not to mention training its little neurons and muscles how to work. Which means lots of spastic kicks and elbows. I think it must look a bit like I do when I dance: completely spastic!

Well, we went into the appointment with high hopes. And, what do you know, even though I guzzled some caffeine, our little dear slept through the whole appointment.

Not only did it sleep, it slept with a foot over its privates. A perfectly formed foot, according to Mike and my doctor, since I didn't get to see. The entire ultrasound was done with me staring at the back of the monitor.

I felt like I was in a Nazi work camp, a nameless vessel used to hold some genetically engineered super baby. Both of them, ooohing and aaahing over a perfect baby, neither one looking beyond the glow of the screen. I felt just a little left out.

I mean, I'm just this kids MOM!

So, there was a flash of privates, and my doctor thinks she saw the tell-tale folds of a girl's nunee and not the single protrusion of a boy's bird. So, as of right now, we'll say it's a girl, maybe.

Maybe.

Hopefully, I can find something out soon. And, maybe I'll actually get to see this little life I'm carrying.

Other than the disappointment of being completely left out of the best movie EVER, there is some good news. The baby is perfect. She(?) is developing well, growing just like she(?) should be. I am also doing well, weight steady, blood pressure perfect and no protein in my pee. Woohoo!!!

I also had two other revelations today. One: I can see the bottom of my bellybutton for the first time ever in my life. And two: just like "they" said, my pee smells like what I eat. Today? Roast beef poboy. And that is the truth.

Next appointment in 4 weeks. Here's the pictures that I got on the CD...and no, none of my baby's perfect foot.

Her(?) head.


Her(?) femur.


Her(?) whole spaceghost body.


Another body shot, minus the money shot.

1 comment:

  1. why on earth did you not get to see the monitor? that's just mean! and i have already expressed my shock and horror at you not being able to get a confident gender read AND possibly not being able to get another ultrasound, but i'll do it again...NOT FAIR!

    ReplyDelete