Monday, June 14, 2010

My kid likes Oreos...

After all the cricket chirps I heard following my last post, I figured I'd write something funny and upbeat.

I'm not lying. Here it is:

Three weeks ago, I had my regularly scheduled, monthly prenatal checkup. I was running late, so I came huffing and puffing into the office, with my blood pressure ringing in my ears. In case you are just tuning in, when you get pregnant, your circulatory system increases to assist your heart and placenta in nourishing your baby. When that happens, your body begins working harder to do things that non-pregnant people take for granted, like walking. And breathing.

Well, my NP was concerned because my blood pressure was a little high - oh, really??!! - and asked me to come back in two weeks, to check up and make sure my BP was all ok.

I came back in two weeks, and was early enough to sit and rest after my grueling walk from the parking tower before the nurse took my BP. Well, just like I suspected, my BP was fine. Actually, she was very proud of me because my BP was so good and I was maintaining weight.

I have been working really hard to monitor my sodium and drink lots of water. In doing so, I have actually lost a bit of weight. Water weight, but still ok. Remember how they call salt the "silent killer?" It's in EVERYTHING. You literally cannot cut out sodium from your diet. In fact, you do need a little to survive. Anyway, I don't want to end up with cankles.

At this last visit, I got to schedule my 20 week ultrasound. What's so special about this? Well, we get to find out if we're having a boy, or a girl!! I'm not one for surprises. I completely want to know! Mainly so I can start getting presents and plan my baby shower. Ha!

Mike and I have been kicking around some names. We have actually been agreeing on most of them, with the exception of Enis. Let's do a little word association: what's the first word that comes to your mind when you say Enis? Yeah, that one was a no. Anyway, the name is something I'm keeping a secret from everyone until it comes out! Sorry, Charlie....

With all this talk of boys, girls and everything in between, Izzy has begun to get a little curious. She's always been my potty buddy, following me to the bathroom while I teetee. Nothing like an audience. Anyway, being that we're both girls, I don't have a problem with it. Well, recently, she's been wanting to follow Daddy into the bathroom.

It's not like its wrong, per se, but Mike and I both agree that she's at the age now where she shouldn't be in the bathroom while Daddy showers or potties. This doesn't settle so well with her. She's very persistent and to palliate her a bit, I told her that Daddy is a boy and you can't watch him potty. That didn't satisfy her even a little bit. She finally broke me down with all her WHYS, and I told her that girls have nunees and boys have wieners. Well, wouldn't you know that this is her NEW FAVORITE SAYING!


"I can't watch Daddy potty because boys have wieeeenerrrs."

"Boys shower by themselves because girls have nuuuuneeees."

"Katie, you have a big nunee, and I have a small nunee."



Yeah, thanks for bringing that up, Captain Obvious.

I've created a monster. Luckily she doesn't want to actually know what a wiener is. Yet. I'm giving her a week.

Another big thing happening this week, besides informing my three year old about wieners, is that I'm beginning to feel the baby move! It started out as little flicks and blips. It didn't happen very often, and very often, I convinced myself that it was all in my head. Then, last week, I was laying on the couch with one of my legs kind of hanging off and was shaking my leg. Every time I would stop, I'd feel this Saturday Night Fever happening in my belly! It went from flicks, to feeling its little limbs swirling around!

My little baby is getting strong enough to let me know its there. It's a pretty amazing feeling. I can only describe it was fluttery bubbles, just like the books tell you.

And, to reference the name of the blog - and make a confession - yesterday, I almost single-handedly finished a carton of Oreos. Well, I only did it because when I would eat a cookie, my baby would boogie! (Just believe it, ok?!) It was pretty cool.

I am so looking forward to next Thursday. I get another picture of my child, and hopefully get to see a little penga or nunee down there!!

There's still another 9 days to vote on what you think I'm having, so scroll to the poll on the side-bar and indulge me in a vote!!

Hallelujah, I'm almost halfway to the finish line!

1 comment:

  1. Enis.... if it's good enough for Bill Cosby, its good enough for anyone.
    One slip of the P though, and things get real different.

    ReplyDelete