Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ointment.

Well, howdy stranger.
The baby (who is still sexless) has been getting bigger, and consequently, so have I. Lots of movement and I can tell if I'm being poked by a leg or an arm or a head. I can pick out its little body parts too.
The baby is getting fatter. My last ultrasound put shim at about a week ahead as far as size. So, maybe that will mean that I won't last until November. We'll see.
Isabella's big girl room is finished upstairs, minus her bed. She will move up there soon. We wanted to see how she would fare sleeping in the day bed. Well, it's been three nights in a row and she's sleeping through the night, even though she now has the ability to get out of bed if she wanted to. I'm not mentioning that fact to her.
Now that we know she will at least stay in the bed, we will move her upstairs into her new 3 YEAR OLD BIG SISTER ROOM!! Whooohooo! ;)
Daddy has been busy these past few weeks doing his own version of nesting....which mainly constitutes manual labor. But, he's gotten so much done, which eases my mind alot.
Last weekend alone, he painted Izzy's BIG GIRL room, moved her furniture upstairs and managed to throw in a little kitchen renovation. (That is the condensed list of what he actually accomplished.) I accomplished a brief trip to Lafayette in which I ate too much. Seriously.
Anyway...here's a couple shots of Izzy's room....so CUTE!



And, just to show off, Mike also hung a backsplash behind the stove. For those of you who didn't know, we didn't have a back splash. It was just bare, unpainted wall. So, this made me very very happy. I love how it looks.




We got some furniture in...or one piece of furniture in. The glider and the ottoman. That is cool. The crib got returned to the sender because the UPS delivery process destroyed it. So, this is what happens now. Literally. UPS destroys my crib. They return my crib to the sender. This is all happening without my knowledge. They change the date of delivery to Aug 20 as opposed to Aug 16. What they don't specify is that is the date of return to sender. So, today, the UPS tracking information tells me that the package has been delivered - in OHIO. I'm clueless. I seriously thought that Babies 'R Us was immediately sending me a new crib that would arrive on the 20th. Boy, was I wrong. I called BRU customer service - very nice and helpful, by the way - and asked what I was to do now. And, this is it. I have to wait until the refund posts to my credit card (7-10 business days) then re-order it from the website, and then wait the additional processing and shipping time for it to - hopefully - arrive in about 2.5 weeks in one piece. Seems that Babies 'R Us is making it really easy for UPS to destroy packages and making it very inconvenient to order from their online store for the customer. Anyway...I asked the nice man if he would expedite the process and he 'made some notes' on my account that will hopefully up the delivery date before my actual delivery date.
All I can do is cross my fingers. Hopefully UPS won't destroy the rest of my furniture scheduled to deliver this week.

I was thinking yesterday, after I got out of the shower and took a look at the various oils, creams and ointments I have added to my daily ritual of beautification and comfort. When you first get pregnant and see an OB, they give you a welcome "care package" for pregnancy. My first doctor had a bunch of magazines. My second doctor had pens, magnets, cups, schedules, phone numbers, a bib and it all came in a tote! Sold me right away! Anyway, I was thinking this: when you get a care package from your OB, they should also give you a supply of all the additional ointments you will need during your pregnancy. I hate the word ointment. It sounds exactly like what it's used for: to put on your butt, your privates, and other various skin ailments. OINT-MENT. Blech.
So, this care package should contain a tube of Preparation H (if you have to ask, Google it), a tube of anti-itch anti-fungal cream (same), a sample pack of a variety of stretch mark creams and oils, peppermint foot lotion, and chap stick. I personally have developed contact dermatitis so I am adding Cortisone Cream too.

Yes, that would be a very good idea. We should all suggest it to our OBs. Hopefully they won't laugh in our faces at the request.

I'm hoping to get a video of my baby kicking because you can see it from the surface now, but each time I've tried so far, as soon as I turn on the camcorder, all movement ceases. I've never heard of a baby with stage fright. We'll see. Hopefully, I'll get that up soon.

Oh, and I say this: BRING ON THE RAIN!! It makes my life easier because it decreases the outdoor temperature by 25 degrees. So, stop complaining about the rain and go dance in it or something. I personally am standing in it right now, drenching myself so I can go stand under an air conditioner vent. :)

Wouldn't change it for the world!! I'm getting excited and can't wait to meet my little Shim! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment