Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Attack of the.....

Killer air???

crop dusting: verb
Passing gas in a stealth manor, usually while walking through a crowd or a group, so that someone else gets blamed for the stench, or at the very least people besides the assailent must suffer it.
The restaurant's so busy tonight that you can get away with crop dusting your own section

Welcome to my life. It's like a week ago, I may have tooted a bit after eating. Compare that to this week, where I think I set a world record last night. "Human Holds More Air than Ever Thought Possible!" the headlines will read.

I'm not sure what happened. It's like I hit the third trimester (yay!!) and my gut blew up like a hot air balloon. Literally.

I'm leaving a wind trail everywhere I go. The only thing I can be fortunate about is that it's just AIR. No eye-watering can be blamed on me. Not yet anyway. Wait til I eat that spinach burrito in the freezer. I may just take off....look for windful flying object over your town...just may be me.

This baby is growing and growing. At my last picture show, my kid was still shy, but the doc estimated it to weigh 2 pounds, which is one week ahead of it's expected weight. I'm not sure if I should take that as a sign that my due date will be different, or I'll just have a toddler to push out.

My next appointment is next week - just for monitoring - and I'll schedule my next sonogram then. Hopefully, I'll know by September 17th. Kid1 is spending more time booty-up, so hopefully it overcomes it's shyness and shows me some naughty bits.

The baby's room is nearly finished. Mike painted for like 100 hours to cover the grasshopper-key-lime-pie green that was there before and I have a nice, pretty, PLAIN creamy vanilla pudding. Yep, plain Jane, that's me. We're still waiting on the crib. It's scheduled to be delivered today, so I'm just keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed that it gets delivered and UPS was a bit more gentle with it this time. If not, Mimi and I are going to New Orleans this weekend and getting one, no matter what. Here's a shot, without the crib - pregnant style - which means crooked and blurry.


We're getting carpet installed on the staircase today. Hopefully it will reduce some noise and prevent any foreheads from being split open in the next couple of years. Yep...that's right, Izzy is moving upstairs this week. She's done so well in her big girl bed that she'll be graduating to her big girl room. She's still unsure and asked Daddy to sleep in the bed with her. Luckily, she believed him when he said he wouldn't fit. It is the truth, after all. I think she will do great, as long as she stays encouraged. The upstairs bathroom is almost finished too, so we'll start bathing her up there too and it will be entirely her domain. I think she'll be satisfied with that. :) Little Diva.

I just read on Facebook that some friends of mine - who are expecting their second child - just found out that they're having a little girl in a family that seems to only produce boys. Against all odds, they broke the chain and are having a girl. Well, congrats to you Brandon, Joan & Riley!! (even if I'm jealous that you found out already.) If I'm having a boy, and you're having a girl, we have some serious clothes-swapping to do. ;) I'm being totally serious.

Well, I'm all witted out. Time to go lay on my side and relieve this airy feeling.

Hasta la vista.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, we got a shout out!:) and yay for izzy being all "big girl"...riley is still in his crib. need to work on that:) and i can't wait to see what you are having...i'm all for completely swapping wardrobes with you if you have a boy! if you have a girl, i've got nuthin'. which is a problem, since I'm having a girl and all:)

    ReplyDelete